Sunday, April 11, 2010

Forty Days For Four

Tuesday will mark my first week of fasting 40 days from 4 things while expecting 4 miracles. The idea came some weeks ago, but the miracles idea came last Sunday when I heard my pastor talk about a traditional 40 day fast that he started a couple of years ago. This lead me to write down 4 things I am waiting for Christ to fullfill.

If you look in the Word, people in the Bible never fasted for fasting's sake; they fasted for a purpose. This purpose usually had something they expected God to do during or after they ended the fast. I also know that God wants His people to call on His name and humbly ask for those things we need or want. He is not a selfish God and freely gives according to His plan. So here's to the next 33 days! I know I will learn a lot, hear from Him, see miracles take place, and get answers. This is a purposeful time in my life and I'm excited. Does this mean I think all 4 miracles are going to happen within the 40 days? Not at all! Everything happens in God's timing, but I do know that when I fast He answers and teaches.

I'm fasting from the following:

1. Sweets (this hurts because I LOVE sweets!)
2. Sleeping in (this probably hurts worse because I love to sleep in! But this doesn't effect my weekends as long as I'm not busy)
3. Spending needlessly (if I don't need it, don't buy it!)
4. Fast food (this goes hand-in-hand with the third thing)
I would write about the things I'm expecting but I believe that is something between me and God. In due time I'll be able to victoriously share my blessings. Until then I'll just keep fasting and listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment