Monday, February 20, 2012

Mark 11:23

We often us the word 'storm' to define hard and difficult times in our lives. Often, those difficult times can literally feel like a storm; twisting and turning our entire world, drowning us of any breath we have left, leaving us full of destruction and chaos. Pain and sacrifice sometimes coincide with those storms. But most of the time (not always and sadly not for all people) those storms will better people, make them stronger, and bring them closer to Christ.
And then again, sometimes those storms don't even have to get pass the thunder and lightning to just merely scare us. For those people who have ever had a moment when maybe they've been to the doctor for some unknown reason, fearing every step into the examination room, only to find that they have either beaten the possible disease or have discovered they never had it, well, those people know exactly what I am talking about.
Over the past year I have studied the subject of healing; though I am, by no means, finished with my study. Throughout all the scriptures and the many hours I have read the Bible and books, listened to pastors and teachers talk about the subject, and prayed about God's view of healing I have discovered one main principle: God's will IS for all to be healed. No one will ever convince me otherwise. This principle, though I am still studying the many veins it holds within it, gives me the basis for my prayers and confidence in Christ that He can and will always be on the side of healing and restoration.

There is a vein on this principle that I believe is vital, and one example of it can be found in Mark 11:23. Many translations are out there, but the basis says this: Whosever says until this mountain be thou removed and cast into the sea, and does not doubt, but believes that whatever he says shall come to pass, shall have it.
The lesson I have learned is that faith is not just about believing in my heart. Believing in my heart is only one part of it. The main part of faith is speaking it. Remember: whosoever SAYS to the mountain, whatever he SAYS shall come to pass, he SHALL have it. Over and over again this is found in the Word. When Christ speaks of faith he will mention speaking it. It is imperative that we not only believe God's Word, we speak it. When doubt wants to creep in, we can believe with all confidence that God's will is for restoration, but we must also speak it. Satan cannot know our thoughts unless we speak them. In times when the storm seems to engulf me, I will be ever present of His Word and that He said if I tell that mountain to be removed and cast into the sea (and do not doubt) and believe in my heart that what I SAY will come to pass...it's mine. I have it.

This is exactly what I have done over many situations I have faced and watched the people I love face. Does this mean I have seen every single situation turn out the way I wanted it to? Absolutely not. Why? In all honesty, I don't know. As I said, there is so much more I am studying and praying to understand. I don't even know if I will ever understand it all, and maybe I'm not meant to, but I can trust that Christ will take whatever situation I am in and turn it for good and to His glory. Of this, I can and will rejoice.

This can easily be read, and even said, but to walk through a storm can be a challenge - but one I would gladly face with Him than without Him.

 "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do." James 1:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment