I had another day off from work today! What a blessing to have the opportunity to spend time with a good book. I needed to get out, though, since my pantry was getting lonely. So I headed to Eastern Market's indoor market. Talk about a day made for me...I loved the trek up there and enjoyed every minute of the market shopping experience. Of course, no shopping is complete without a little music in the ear. Brooke Fraser gave me that great walking in the snow feeling in my ear. I suggest listening to her song "Seeds" or "Shadowfeet." Ah...just beautiful. So I had to share the scenes I enjoyed while walking, the almost-got-to-the-food-too-late market, and the snow ball I made while walking back to my apartment.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Among the variety of choices I had for food, I grabbed some delightful finds!
Nut and Oat Organic bread (although homemade bread from a past roommate would have my preferred choice, I miss it Kelly!)
Oranges and Apples (the lady who sold me these was so sweet and added a free tangerine...I think it was my sweetness!)
Broccoli, lettuce, and carrots
Whole wheat crackers
Lemon Pepper Turkey
and of course a dessert: Raspberry Chocolate Bundt Cake (miniature, and too cute for words)Not too shabby, eh?
.JPG)
.JPG)
And what do you know? Right as I get all cozy up in my apartment...it starts to snow for the second "blizzard" we are supposed to get over the next couple of days. Talk about timing!
No comments:
Post a Comment