This morning I was supposed to be running a 5K but because of the snow storm I am spending my Saturday with Doris Day and her beautiful voice. The other day I had lunch in one my favorite places in D.C. The Portrait Gallery across from work has the most beautiful courtyard that sits right in the middle of the building. The sunroof is spectacular. With the soft sound of classical music in the background and the crowd light it is the perfect setting for a nice, quiet lunch. I also love the Portrait Gallery's gift shop. It's so nice and unlike some of the others in D.C. I went in their for a quick peek and I just happen to find they had some old movies on sale. They usually do not have any movies but there were a few dvds on the shelf. Three movies total. Two I had never heard of but the other caught my eye and I grabbed it as quick as I could. See, it had my favorite actress right on the cover: Doris Day. "Lullaby of Broadway" was one I had not seen so I was anxious to take it home. It was only $4.99!! Who could not resist that?
"Lullaby of Broadway" is definitely a cute motion picture from Doris Day's young days. It's filled with light music, talented tappers, a beautiful wardrobe Doris Day wears, easy to understand dialogue, and ladies rehearsing in shorts and heels. My favorite dress Doris wore was a gorgeous pink dress during a party.

So here I am sitting up in my bed, enjoying every minute of my new movie. I can't wait to buy more of her movies and enjoy all her voice has to offer. Next on my to do list: Eastern Market. I am hoping all the marketeers will be out and showing off all their home-made goodies!
No comments:
Post a Comment